The Mission of the Endeavour Hills UnitingCare Neighbourhood Centre to provide a caring, nurturing, learning centre reaching out an open door to all members of the community.
We aim to offer all individuals, respect and care in a friendly, affordable and co-operative environment.
- Deliver programs which enable users to develop positive relationships with each other and their community.
- Provide high quality services in ways which promote human dignity and that reflect the changing needs of the community.
- Ensure that the adult education programs are non-discriminatory and are planned, implemented, managed and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner.
- Provide or encourage innovative services.
- Keep fees as low as possible in keeping with our not-for-profit status.
- Provide a welcoming non-threatening environment for group participants.
- To recognize the importance of craft and creativity in the development of not only personal skills but in the foundation of forming long and lasting friendships.
Committee of Management
The Neighbourhood Centre is run by a voluntary committee; the committee employs a manager to organise the day to day running of the Centre and programming of activities and classes.
Everyone who attends the Centre has the opportunity to participate in the decision making process through our committee of management. Management committee training is offered throughout the year.
Volunteering is a worthwhile and meaningful way to expand your horizons and be part of your local community. You only have to commit a few hours each week and it is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience that maintains or adds to you current work skills.
You will receive training and support from the managers of the Neighbourhood Centre. You can volunteer in many areas, including office work, tutoring, child care, promotion of the Centre, fundraising and administration. Phone 9700 3789 during office hours.